Linnaeus is a dynamic laboratory, offering a broad range of diagnostic testing and research and development in the areas of plant & soil health, water and food testing. With its origins in Grapevine health certification Linnaeus is a rapidly expanding business. As a result, we are on the search for Laboratory Assistants for our Kiwifruit Maturity Clearance and Monitoring Testing programme. Laboratory training or previous experience is not required but would be an advantage.
This is a fixed-term role, from 01 February 2022 until 22 April 2022. Hours of work will vary depending on the volume of testing required throughout the pre-harvest and harvest season. This is estimated to range from 15-30 hours in the off-peak and from 40-60 hours during the peak of testing.
- Laboratory experience is preferred, but full on-the-job training will be provided.
- You’ll work in a dynamic, stimulating environment with a great team.
- Lunch is provided onsite
- You’ll have a keen eye for detail, with the ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- You’ll be a great team-player.
- You’ll have good time management with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- You can work with minimum supervision with the ability to complete tasks according to directions.
- You must be double vaccinated against COVID19 and must undergo drug and alcohol testing.
How To Apply
To apply, please email a copy of your CV to . We look forward to hearing from you.
- Staff Type Required Some experience preferred but not required. Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Skill-Sets Required Accuracy, good time management, basic admin duties, an understanding of procedures in lab work, computer literate, ability to follow analytical test methods
- Hourly Rate ($)
- Positions Available 24
- Starts From February 1, 2022
- Ends On April 22, 2022