TOP of the line GEAR IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS… We have an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual working as an Atom Spray Operator to join our Gisborne Kiwifruit team. If you have a passion for working with the latest, high-quality machinery and want to want to work with a result driven team then this is the role for you.
You will be working with the Orchard Managers to ensure that our kiwifruit orchards are sprayed at optimal timing to keep our crops pest free and producing the best quality and size.
While Kiwifruit Spraying experience would be preferred previous experience handling agrichemicals and operating sprayers is essential.
Thompson’s Horticulture Ltd (THL) is a second-generation family business with a passion to “grow great people to grow great crops”. Our business spans from Te Puke through to Gisborne with a young, diverse and growing Leadership team. We own and manage over 200 hectares of Kiwifruit, 120 hectares of Grapes and are currently developing 12 hectares of Apple developments. We are committed to work the land and environment to leave it in a better condition than how we found it for future generations.
SKILLS REQUIRED INCLUDE:
- Able to follow instructions
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Practically minded with the ability to problem solve
- A passion for working outdoors
- Flexibility to work extended hours including weekends to cover peak seasonal demands
- Own transport and Class 2 Licence
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY CONTACT US
WORK IN GISBORNE PHONE: People & Wellness Advisor on 027 568 1168 EMAIL:
Work outdoors in the beautiful BAY climates, learn something new and join a handpicked team of the industry’s best.
- Staff Type Required Work is varied and will SUIT SEASONED PROS.
- Skill-Sets Required Hard working team player to JOIN our AMAZING TEAM and help grow our orchard management into the future
- Hourly Rate ($)
From: Competitive hourly rate depending on experience- guaranteed minimum 30 hours per week
- No. of Positions Available one permanent position
- Starts From June 28, 2022
- Ends On July 29, 2022