Primary ITO works with businesses in the primary industries to grow the capability of their people. They do this through applied learning where training and assessment takes place in the workplace. Employees to learn-on-the-job, while gaining real-world industry experience.
They help businesses and their staff to choose a programme that is fit-for-purpose, from level 2 foundation practical skills through to management skills at levels 5 and 6. They then work with trainees and external training providers to complete the qualification.
First Choice Employment Services Ltd (FCESL)
First Choice Employment Services Ltd (FCESL) offer tailored made training workshops adapted to suit individual businesses and industry. Coupled with pastoral care, these workshops assist employees to prepare for and maintain employment. They also operate a successful work broker service, matching job seekers and potential employers.
Contact: Sam Leahy
Physical Address: 151 Grey Street, Gisborne
P: 06 281 0347
PACIFIC ISLANDERS’ COMMUNITY TRUST – GISBORNE
The Pacific Islanders Community Trust provides a range of social services which include but are not limited to fanau support, advisory services, budgeting, primary health promotions, free health check days, interpretation services, programmes for its elderly and youth education and job facilitation and support. The Trust in collaboration with church and community leaders also organise special events which bring the whole pacific community together.
Gisborne Budget Service
Gisborne Budget Service are professionals in Family Finances; Education & Support. They offer FREE professional services to assist whanāu in reducing debt and living within their means by teaching practical strategies and solutions.
They work beside you to:
• Deal with any immediate crisis including advocacy & negotiation with creditors.
• Mentoring & coaching for positive and lasting changes that bring you closer to your dreams & goals.
• MoneyMates groups to support people to talk openly about everyday highs & lows around money.
• Community Education; developing money management skills in the community.
NZ Certificate in Primary Industry Skills Level 2
– is a very practical hands on qualification ideal for those returning to education, covering a mix of Health & Safety and practical production tasks. It is easily adapted to any Primary Industry operation.
NZ Certificate in Horticulture (General) Level 3
– this qualification provides students with both theoretical & practical knowledge of plant and soils science, and growing systems and environments.
NZ Certificate in Horticulture (Fruit Production) Level 3
– this qualification provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to assist with a range of core tasks relevant to their orchard industry sector. With emphasis on production areas such as pruning, crop production, pest & disease monitoring/control and harvest.
NZ Certificate in Agriculture (Vehicles, Machinery & Infrastructure) VMI Level 3
– the AG VMI programme is designed in such a way that allows training to be designed to meet the particular training needs of an organisation; graduates being able to safely carry out orchard activities around the operation and maintenance of workplace vehicles, machinery, and infrastructure.
These programmes all pathway to higher levels of education.